Take time for nature
Here in Canada, we’re lucky to have spectacular natural landscapes remaining right across the country. Even if you live in the city, you can get outside and experience the joy and health benefits that the natural world can give you.
Whether it's a day trip somewhere nearby or incorporating a Conservation Volunteers event or a visit to a Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) property during your holidays, NCC is encouraging Canadians to fit nature into their lives and get outside.
As a Conservation Volunteer, you’ll get a hands-on, educational experience. You’ll spend the day on a protected property, directly contributing to important work. Learn more: www.conservationvolunteers.ca
Many of the places NCC protects have accessible trails or interpretive centres. Directions to sites across Canada can be found at www.natureconservancy.ca/visit.
Please remember, when visiting any natural area that you should always:
• Stay on designated trails
• Take out what you bring in
• Take only photographs and leave only your thanks
Here are some other ways to take time for nature:
• Spend time in your local park. Bring a picnic, go for a walk or a bike ride
• Visit a national or provincial park
• Try a new outdoor sport like hiking, canoeing or kayaking
• Rediscover your own backyard!
Share your time for nature story with us on our website or on social media using the hashtag #time4nature.