Help us reach ONE MILLION acres in British Columbia by Earth Day 2020
In British Columbia, the Nature Conservancy of Canada has been conserving critical habitats, migratory corridors for wide-ranging species, and locations of remarkable biodiversity since 1974. In that time, our conservation achievements have resulted in the permanent protection of 980,000 acres (396,000 hectares) in British Columbia. That's 20,000 acres (8,000 hectares) away from 1 million acres, and that's the target we've set to exceed in BC before Earth Day 2020.
With your help, we can reach a significant milestone for conservation in BC. We invite you to declare yourself a “Force for Nature” in British Columbia by leaving a landmark with your donation to help us reach 1 million acres conserved forever.
Did you know?
- The cost of conservation: It costs NCC an average of $5,000 to protect an acre of ecologically significant land in BC. This price tag includes the price of land, project management costs, legal fees and a stewardship endowment fund to provide for the long-term care and management of the conservation area.
- You can save an acre: By donating $5,000 — the symbolic cost of conserving an acre of land — you can add your name, your family's name or your business's name on our Million Acre Giving Tree in our downtown Vancouver office.
- You can start a fundraising team: We make it very easy to set up your own fundraising campaign that you can share via social media with your friends, coworkers and family. Raise $5,000 and your team name can get engraved on our Million Acre Giving Tree!
- Employers can double the donations: We encourage employers to pledge to match the donations raised by their staff. If you raise $5,00 or more, your business's name can be added to our Million Acre Giving Tree in Vancouver.
- We would love to hear from you: Get in touch with your questions, or just to say hi! We are easy to reach, by phone at 888-404-8428 or by email at email@example.com.
Working together with the Nature Conservancy of Canada, British Columbians can make a difference for permanent habitat, ecosystem and species conservation in BC.
How do you connect to nature?
We asked people how they connect to nature, and this is what some of them had to say...
What you can do to help:
x 4 years before Earth Day 2020
= 4 acres and $20,000 to fundraise
Search below for a personal campaign that you'd like to join, based on someone you know or who may have invited you:
For more information on the One Million for BC initiative and how you can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us by phone:
In Vancouver: 604-331-0723
In Victoria: 250-479-3191