Open Farm Day at Waggle Springs
NCC is excited to participate in Open Farm Day once again this year! Join NCC staff on our Waggle Springs property to learn about how NCC works with local producers to conserve and manage native grasslands in Manitoba, and why grazing is an important tool for conservation.
About Open Farm Day
Open Farm Day is held in Manitoba the third Sunday of September. Farmers and others in the industry open up their farms/venues for the public to meet a farmer, as well as others who work in agriculture and agri-tourism. You can ask questions, take a tour, try some food, participate in various activities, learn more about Manitoba farm operations, how and why our food is grown and produced, environmental stewardship and agriculture's history.
Driving directions to Waggle Springs from Brandon:
1) Head east on Veteran's Way for 14.2 kilometres.
2) Turn right onto Highway 340.
3) Immediately turn south onto Waggle Springs Rd, and continue for 8 kilometres.
4) Turn right (west) onto the road access when Waggle Spring Rd turns left (watch for Open Farm Day signs).
5) Continue for about 1 kilomtre, past a farm house, until you come to the gate of our Waggle Springs property.