NCC staff with a field trip group in the Tall Grass Prairie, Manitoba (Photo by NCC)
A natural legacy through partnership
The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) protects areas of natural diversity for their intrinsic value and for the benefit of our children and those after them.
The Nature Conservancy of Canada will lead, innovate and use creativity in the conservation of Canada's natural heritage.
We will secure important natural areas through their purchase, donation or other mechanisms, and then manage these properties for the long term.
The Earth's biological diversity is being lost at a rate that impoverishes our quality of life and threatens our future.
NCC's work is guided by the belief that our society will be judged by what it creates in the present and what it conserves for the future.
Wherever we work across Canada, we share and apply the following values:
- We are guided by the best available conservation science.
- We work in a non-confrontational manner.
- We manage lands and waters for their natural values.
- We respect and promote nature's own processes.
- We recognize the need for people to sustain themselves and live productively while conserving our country's natural habitats and species.