The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
This dynamic, fast-growing organization is currently recruiting for a Bilingual Officer, Supporter Services, based in our National office in Toronto. The position is a 12-month contract, full-time from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm with the option to work from 12 pm to 8 pm two days a week.
Reporting to the Manager, Supporter Services, the incumbent will be part of the National Marketing & Development team. You are a people person who likes to talk with others and share the passion and importance of land conservation. Interested in fundraising and want to get in on the ground floor? Supporter Services is a key and growing area and NCC is looking for an energetic and dedicated team member.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide frontline support for donors, including taking donor calls, replying to emails/letters in a timely manner, taking donations, handling donor complaints professionally, requests for information etc. and updating supporter information within Raiser’s Edge, NCC’s current donor management software
- Communicate with supporters by phone/email/letters in order to thank them, verify information related to donations and follow up on financial transactions
- Enter all of the relevant supporter information from donor coupons and returned mails into Raiser’s Edge in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor surveys and enter the data into Raiser’s Edge
- Send stewardship letters to monthly donors and make stewardship thank you calls as needed
- Anticipate donor needs and potential issues, and report donor’s feedback to the Manager, Supporter Services
- Contribute to Donor Relations & Stewardship projects to shape NCC’s ideal donor experience
- Integrate customer service best practices into day-to-day operations
- Provide support to the Marketing and Development team, as required.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Fluent in English and in French
- Commitment to NCC’s cause and to our donors
- 1-3 years experience in a customer support or customer representative position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment throughout the year and in particular, during our direct marketing campaigns
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective phone manner
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset
Terms & Conditions
- Terms of Employment: 12-month contract, full-time
- Location: National Office at 245 Eglinton Avenue E, Suite 410, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3J1
- Deadline for Applications: August 30th, 2019
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line, “Bilingual Officer, Supporter Services”.
No faxes or phone calls, please.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.