Are you passionate about conservation? Do you enjoy communications? Are you an avid photographer or videographer? Combine conservation and communications in a fun-filled summer internship with the Nature Conservancy of Canada.
What does it involve?
- Research and write content for digital and print publications (website, e-bulletins)
- Edit and proofread content for digital and print publications
- Perform interviews of staff or external sources
- Provide regular posts, photos and video for digital and social media platforms
- Contribute to design tasks (e.g. brochures, posters)
What skills do you need to apply?
- Working towards a degree in communications, journalism or public relations
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and fact-checking abilities
- Experience and understanding of digital communications platforms, including social media, website and blog
- Photography skills, including design skills, photo and video editing
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, journalistic style interviewing
Where are these positions offered?
To view current internship opportunities, click here.
In their own words
This position has allowed me to get creative because I am constantly creating content. Whether it is blogging, vlogging, taking photos or developing content, I get to put my own style on projects that will be seen across the country.”
– Logan Salm, 2018 Communications Intern, Saskatchewan
“I am involved in tasks such as researching stories, conducting interviews, writing, editing and proofreading. This will help me to develop skills that are highly valued in the communications and public relations sectors of the workforce.”
– Ella Van-Cleave, 2018 Communications Intern, British Columbia