The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Coordinator, Development Systems to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
Reporting to the Manager, Development Systems, the candidate will interface with the IT and Finance departments, and support the overall fundraising function of the Marketing and Development department.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a key member of the Marketing and Development, the Coordinator, Development Systems is responsible for the overall day-to-day coordination of the Raiser’s Edge database including data integration, data integrity, user training, data extraction, application (RE) support, the data-entry of donor information and coordination with the gift administration team.
The Coordinator, Development Systems duties include, but are not limited to:
- Support all staff, national and regional, with queries, reports, dashboard reports and information for mailings and events.
- Ensure all constituent records in Raiser’s Edge, NCC’s fundraising software, are entered accurately and meet guidelines.
- Responsible for the day to day flow of information in and out of the NCC fundraising databases.
- Provide regular data clean up and quality control of Raiser’s Edge to maintain integrity of database
- Develop Raisers Edge skill competency throughout the organization ensuring that each team member is competent in the use of the system.
- Develop and implement policies to guide data entry and document database changes
- Provide recommendations to improve the current process and where possible develop and implement process improvements
- Under the direction of the Manager, Development Systems produce queries and reports as needed by the Development and Marketing department as well as the broader development team for analysis and reporting.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Post-secondary education in database/technology or marketing/business field preferred.
- 2-5 years of database management experience in a non-profit organization data-related position.
- Innovative thinker – seeking new ways to gain data analysis insights to assist with fundraising strategy development.
- Understanding of fundraising business needs.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- User training skills preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office products
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Financial Edge, Shopify, & Engaging Networks an asset
- Experience in using Import-OMatic software is preferred
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter and salary expectations indicating “Coordinator, Development Systems” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 15, 2017.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.