The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Technical Support Coordinator to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
This position will initially be a one-year contract and will be part of the Helpdesk Support team located in our National IT office in Toronto, Ontario that provides the First Level response support to all internal end users on a variety of technical issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Utilizing strong customer service and technology skills, the Coordinator plays a critical role to ensure end users experience minimal technology-related disruptions for all technology users. The helpdesk tracks and monitors the problems in a ticketing system to insure timely resolution and escalates issues to second level support team when required.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Bi-lingual in English and French would be an asset)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time-management, multi-tasking, prioritizing and organizational skills with the ability to work as part of a team is an absolute must.
- Provides excellent service across a myriad of office technologies including Office Suite, SharePoint, VoIP (Telus Business Connect) and Citrix to ensure high customer satisfaction while meeting service level agreements
- Acts as the main contact for helpdesk support to all internal users
- Actively identifies support trends and looks for ways to continuously improve service
- Assists as needed with user on-boarding training sessions
- Participates in root cause analysis for repetitive problems
- Experience with Helpdesk incident management software
- Experience with providing technical support over the phones, email as well remotely using remote shadowing applications.
- Ability to rotate into shifts morning, afternoon or evenings and ability to work occasionally on-call over weekends as needed.
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in computer science or at least 3 years’ experience in IT support of equivalent education and experience.
- Certifications considered as assets for the position are: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft Certified Desktop support Technician (MCDST) Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Support Technician, ITIL
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter and salary expectations. Please indicate “Coordinator, Technical Support” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: email@example.com
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.