The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a seasoned Director of Marketing Analytics and Annual Giving to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
The individual in this role will utilize data analysis and segmentation tools to conceive of, and develop a donor development strategy that touches the multitude of NCC’s individual Annual Giving donors across all channels and giving types. This will include, but is not limited to, direct response marketing donors, online donors, monthly donors, event donors, and other engagement program donors in order to develop a pipeline for future higher giving levels.
This individual will assess donor groups and channels and lead the development of Key Performance Indicators for the organization’s Annual Giving Donor categories. These KPIs will be the benchmarks against which NCC measures its performance and determines budget allocation for future years.
The candidate will have a strong grasp of all individual giving channels, including direct mail, online, telephone, social media, and others. The individual will also have a deep understanding of the different models of donor development, including how to transition donors from a single gift to monthly giving and beyond. Along with this, the individual will understand how to effectively measure the long-term value of donors and thus develop plans that maintain NCC’s short- and long-term financial health.
In order to execute these plans, the individual will understand the different metrics available to measure their success and how to best utilize them. The individual will also be comfortable with conducting analyses to assess programs’ effectiveness and efficiency, and understand how to pull the required data from NCC’s database. Further, the individual will develop the methods by which NCC will measure the success of its annual giving, marketing and engagement programs and share this knowledge with other team members at NCC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive strategies to achieve annual and long-term goals
- Define and implement dashboards for measuring, reporting, analyzing and aggregating donor behaviour and segmentation strategies
- Analyze complex data to identify opportunities to improve the donor journey resulting in higher levels of upgrade, retention and lifetime value.
- Communicate insights to internal stakeholders regularly via robust reports and presentations.
- Assist in defining, refining and maintaining key performance indicators to determine effectiveness of programs
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as necessary to answer business questions and drive decisions.
- Drive growth in sophistication and utilization of analytics within the organization.
- Drive a complete view of the Donor using techniques to build profiles that generate deeper understanding of conversion, retention and upgrade.
- Improve the effectiveness of marketing investment decisions through the creation of scalable analytics and rigorous deep-dives
Required Skills and Attributes
- Deep understanding of donor audiences, development models (e.g. Donor Pyramid), and the methods by which donors can be best retained to increase their lifetime value (i.e. retention and stewardship).
- Excellent campaign execution and an ability to integrate campaigns across multiple channels and targeting multiple audiences into one cohesive plan.
- Strong grasp of Raiser’s Edge and other databases, so that NCC can track its donors and prospects as they enter different funnels.
- Clear communication skills, so that other NCC team members can approach this individual to learn how their specific area of expertise fits into the overall development plan.
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills should be excellent, as recommendations or decisions made at this role will influence NCC budgets and the overall development plan.
- University Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 7-10 years of experience based on similar roles and responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal skills
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter and salary expectations indicating Director, Marketing Analytics and Annual Giving in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.