The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for an Executive Assistant (CIO) to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant(CIO) provides administrative support for the day-to-day activities of the CIO and the Information Technology (IT) department. This position is also responsible for coordinating NCC’s technology procurement needs across the organization.
Supporting the CIO:
- Providing day-to-day administrative support to the CIO – document management, scheduling of meetings, travel planning & arrangements, expense tracking.
- Managing communications, drafting, editing and distributing documents.
- Maintain IT Team calendar, scheduling internal and external meetings, including inter-departmental meetings for CIO and for other IT staff when required.
- Assisting with preparation of IT policies and procedures as well as other governance materials.
- Assisting in management of documents in NCC’s DAISY system.
- Tracking and reporting on the progress of various IT projects on behalf of CIO.
- Assisting the CIO in preparing yearly budget and tracking progress on a monthly basis.
Supporting the National IT team:
- Coordinating the procurement of NCC’s Hardware & Software license purchasing and tracking
- Tracking of all IT invoices, running reports, coding, getting signoff and entering into Financial Edge (FE) for payment
- Administrative assistance to National IT staff ensuring the smooth flow of information, documents, and various processes.
- Planning and coordinating meetings, including teleconferences, finding and booking meeting venues, accommodations, catering arrangements, materials, equipment, etc.
- Attending key IT team meetings, taking detailed minutes, circulating minutes and following up on progress of action plans.
- Arranging for training sessions, including lunch and learns and annual training as well as coordinating staff onboarding training requirements.
- Supporting HR administration for the IT department as needed.
- Tracking staff vacation and sick time.
- Assisting with hiring process; including preparation of job advertisements, planning and coordinating the interview process, arranging training for new IT staff.
- Assisting with drafting training and presentation documentation
- Ensuring all IT policies, procedures and other related documents are kept up-to-date.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business administration or related area
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in an administrative support capacity. Technical understanding of software licensing agreement administration and hardware purchases would be considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to draft correspondences and reports (Bilingual in English/French would be an asset)
- Strong team player with proven time-management, multi-tasking, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (any previous use of SharePoint would be considered an asset)
- Ability to multi-task and manage requests from multiple sources.
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter and salary expectations indicating “Executive Assistant CIO” in the subject line no later than 5:00pm on December 14th, 2017 to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail to email@example.com
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.