The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for Gift Administrator: Annual Giving to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
- Gift donation related data and gift entry, processing gift acknowledgement, receipting and any other related financial duties in respect to donations received through solicitation methods deployed by NCC’s Annual Giving program and includes transactions from Internal Donation Form,
- creating and updating import mapping files using 3rd party products such as Import O’Matic or standard Raiser’s Edge import module for efficient processing of donations both offline and online,
- generating accurate weekly tax receipt and letter data files for fulfillment house,
- ensuring data integrity is maintained by conducting regular reviews and validations, providing support to the team in various aspects of day to day operations as well identifying solutions that would provide efficiencies as well as implement new solutions related to gift receiving, recording and receipting identified by NCC
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Gift Administration
- Day to day entry of all of relevant donor information from coupons and cheques received from Annual Giving initiatives into Raiser’s Edge (both in the data entry and gift entry process) in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processing one-time Credit Card donations from all Annual Giving initiatives including those from call centre and telemarketing initiatives, and door to door canvassing.
- Recording and receipting (if applicable) of donations from Internal Donation Form and provide training to staff on using Internal Donation Form.
- Ensuring that donors receive the appropriate tax receipt that meets Canada Revenue Agency’s requirements and acknowledgement in a timely manner.
- Ensuring tax receipt register is kept up to date and receipts issued from Annual Giving source are all accounted for.
- Complete gift adjustments and issue replacement or corrected tax receipts as required.
- Ensuring daily revenue reconciliation of data between Raiser’s Edge and bank.
- Preparing in and assisting with the generation of financial reports of revenue data recorded in Raiser’s Edge.
- Able to map import file templates from various offline and online platforms for Raiser’s Edge import.
- Ensuring various features of Import O’Matic are implemented related to Annual Giving donation processing as well as documentations of its usage and training other staff.
- Generate, review and upload weekly receipt and letter data files for fulfillment house.
2. Other support functions
- Assist Senior Manager, Database & Gift Administration and Compliance as required.
- Working closely with Gift Administrator: Major Gifts, Senior Coordinator: Gift and Database Administration, Officer: Gift Administration and Gift Administrator: Offline Revenue Coordination and provide back up during absences.
- Assisting in Annual audit preparation.
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned.
- Assists with general administrative duties as required.
Required Skills and Attributes
- University degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of data and gift entry experience
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Financial acumen, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Excellent knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency’s receipting rules
- Familiarity with fundraising and accounting practices and procedures
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in non-profit sector
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter and salary expectations indicating “Gift Administrator: Annual Giving” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on Friday February 22nd 2019.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.