The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Manager, Brand and Digital Marketing to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
NCC is the country’s leading private land conservation organization. As a non-profit, charitable organization we work in partnership with individuals, corporations, governments and other non-profit groups to protect our most important natural treasures. We take a collaborative and science-based approach to our mission. Since 1962, NCC and its partners have helped to conserve 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares), from coast to coast to coast. With National headquarters in Toronto and regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to develop and implement traditional and online marketing/media strategies and maintain brand consistency across the organization. Through traditional media and various digital/social media platforms, this role will be responsible for delivering key messaging to generate new donors and promote awareness and comprehension of the NCC brand. This position is responsible for the development and execution of original content and marketing programs designed to drive supporter acquisition and engagement and align with broader marketing strategies. This position will be directly responsible for managing the following: Brand Marketing, Media Buys, Digital / e-marketing, Social Media and Engagement / Fundraising Campaigns.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Ability to translate business goals into action plans and develops the appropriate contingency plans.
- Proven working experience in organizational branding.
- Experience leveraging social media to grow brands.
- Budget management, ensuring efficient spend and providing ongoing tracking and management.
- Excellent understanding of the complete marketing mix.
- Highly creative with ability to think outside of the box.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to Marketing Director.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking with knowledge and ability to gather, interpret and apply industry insights and trends.
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas.
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Superior communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation.
- Solid analytical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and develop innovative ideas, understand brand strategies and business solutions.
- University or college degree in business, marketing or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the position.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar brand marketing role required.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe.
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated leadership, drive for results and superior execution.
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations indicating “Manager, Brand and Digital Marketing” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: email@example.com.
NCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.