The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Manager, Development Systems to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
The Manager, Development Systems is responsible for managing the development, integration, efficiency and effectiveness of fundraising data systems as well as the maintenance and analysis of fundraising data to support organization wide initiatives. In addition, the incumbent will develop tracking mechanisms, data integration tools and resources to analyze charitable giving data in support of fundraising goals and objectives. This individual will be responsible to provide management reporting including tracking team and individual performance as it relates to fundraising. Incumbent will seek constant improvement for moves management systems that support deeper constituent engagement through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process; while also developing a system supportive of prospect research requirements. The incumbent will be the lead interface with the IT and Finance departments, supervise direct report(s), and support the overall fundraising function of the Marketing and Development department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising Data System Management
- Manages, facilitates, optimizes, and analyzes ongoing information system and data needs for donor management, moves management & prospect development, and national donor-related data collection and fundraising.
- Manage the implementation, integration, and maintenance of NCC fundraising data systems – this would include, but not limited to Raiser’s Edge, Engaging Networks, Shopify and others.
- Ensures information needs are complete including the extraction of data for marketing and fundraising purposes, timely importing and updating of data, and assuring that moves management and donor pipeline systems are up to date and accurate.
- Identifies and designs solutions to data integrity issues, including adopting and implementing best-in-class data maintenance and enhancement processes.
Reporting and Analysis
- Develops and implements data flows that allows for ease of reporting for users.
- In conjunction with fundraisers develop and maintain reports, queries, exports, and dashboards that meet the overall fundraising goals of NCC.
- Tracking of KPI’s at a team and individual level and providing these report to fundraisers and business unit heads.
- Ensure reports are accurate, timely, and accessible to fundraisers and executive management.
- Integrate demographic and other information from multiple sources into NCC fundraising systems to facilitate more dynamic reporting functions for fundraisers and in support of prospect research.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects based upon Marketing and Development departmental needs.
- Provide needs assessment functions to fundraisers when new projects are being identified.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Creates, standardizes, and documents Raisers Edge usage policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, ease of use, and accuracy of extracted data.
- Creates training programs for fundraisers to ensure that users are up to date on the latest functions available within NCC databases.
- Provides tools for fundraisers to better support their day to day responsibilities.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Post-secondary education in database/technology, marketing/business, or related field.
- 5 to 8 years database management experience in a non-profit organization data-related position, with proven expertise in development and analysis of fundraising data, and the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Must have an excellent understanding of databases.
- An innovative thinker who seeks new ways to gain data analysis insights to assist with fundraising strategy development.
- Understanding of fundraising business needs.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience with reporting visualization tools.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing programs.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office products.
- Experience in using ImportOMatic software is preferred.
- User training skills preferred.
- bCRE-Blackbaud Certification in Raiser’s Edge would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Financial Edge, Shopify, & Engaging Networks an asset.
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, indicating “Manager, Development Systems” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for this position is Tuesday, July 17th.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.