The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 14 million hectares (35 million acres) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
NCC is seeking an individual to fill the position of Marketing and Communications Coordinator for the Quebec region.
Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Director, the selected candidate will provide support to the communications and development departments to maximize funds and further the mission and projects in Quebec. The incumbent supports the director to increase NCC’s visibility in Quebec and increase donations. They will use various tools to recognize donors, and promote NCC’s mission and achievements to generate new donor relationships, while supporting existing ones. The person selected for this position will have to write and communicate mainly in English but must have a satisfactory level of proficiency in French.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Content creation, writing and layout of various communications and marketing tools in order to increase NCC’s visibility and recognize donors: press releases, newsletters, social media, web articles, magazine articles and letters.
- Content creation and writing in order to solicit, maintain and further develop a loyal donor community (presentation documents, publications and letters).
- Plan, coordinate and implement a yearly donor recognition plan.
- Coordination and promotion of events for the media, donors, volunteers and partners (press conferences, field visits, donor recognition).
- Participate in media interviews and communicate NCC’s messaging.
- Revise English materials (documents, letters, presentations, etc.) for the Quebec region.
- Support daily communications and marketing tasks and perform any other related tasks as requested by the Communications and Marketing Director.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent command of English with superior writing skills and good understanding of French, both oral and written. Ability to think strategically and adapt writing style to different audiences.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a communication or marketing coordinator position.
- University education in marketing or communications, in a sector related to philanthropy or fundraising, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant and proven experience in developing and writing proposals, or any other type of document that may address different audiences.
- Ability to process and manage highly confidential information.
- Intellectual rigour, attention to detail and precision.
- Ability to identify needs, handle multiple tasks and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Creative, dynamic, enthusiastic, cooperative, organized, highly motivated and have team spirit.
- Interest in the environment.
- Proficiency in word processing software and MS Office suite.
- Raiser’s Edge database (an asset)
- Design software such as Publisher or InDesign (an asset)
Terms of Employment
- Full-time: 37.5 hours / week
- Permanent position
- Salary: $48,000
- NCC offers competitive compensation and benefits.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter indicating “Marketing and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on Friday February 28, 2020.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.