The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is the nation’s leading not-for-profit, private land conservation organization, working to protect our most important natural areas and the species they sustain. Since 1962 NCC and its supporters have protected 2.8 million acres (more than 1.1 million hectares) of ecologically significant land across Canada. NCC takes a collaborative, science-based approach to achieve conservation success for the sake of nature and Canadians. With a national office in Toronto and seven regional offices across the country, NCC delivers results you can walk on.
Purpose and General Description
Taking care of our environment has never been more important than it is today. The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) is looking for a Regional Support Coordinator to join a team committed to protecting our most important natural areas and the plants and animals they sustain.
The Regional Support Coordinator reports directly to the Regional Vice President, the position serves as the office manager for the BC Regional office in Victoria supporting the areas of finance, development, the regional vice president, and the conservation staff working from the Victoria Regional Office. The person in this position provides the first welcome and impression for members of the public visiting or phoning NCC’s BC Regional Office. The position requires some experience and/or general working knowledge of databases and relies on strong writing/editing skills for success. [NCC uses Raisers Edge, Financial Edge, SharePoint, and our own unique Land Information System (LIS) to maintain records and store documents]. The position requires some experience and/or working knowledge in financial accounting, records filing management, and the processing of incoming/outgoing mail including donor correspondence along with gift processing and receipting.
This position coordinates HR records and meeting room assignments and provides administrative support to the Regional Vice President as needed. The candidate in this role also acts as a liaison and provides support to the BC Regional Board - a 10-14 member advisory body. The position requires a commitment to both confidentiality and NCC’s conservation mission and vision. Occasional travel is required with work related travel expenses covered. The position will assist with the coordination of conservation volunteer and public outreach events such as Nature Talks, the annual Earth Day and In Bloom Wildflower Festival events and other public outreach and fundraising events that occur in Victoria and the surrounding area.
Duties and Responsibilities
Anticipated Division of Duties
- 40% - General office management (finance and development support, HR coordination, records management, and event planning)
- 30% - Provide support to the RVP and BC Regional Board
- 30% - General support to other BC Region Staff
- Coordinate general office management for a 10-12 person regional office located in downtown Victoria
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Vice President
- Act as an ambassador in the office and on the phone including welcoming and assisting members of the public to inform them about NCC, its mandate and current programs and projects
- Assist the Finance and Development functions with gift processing, incoming and some outgoing correspondence, charitable tax receipting as well as assist with the preparation/assembly of funding proposals as requested
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail as well as office equipment and office supplies
- Provide administrative support in the following categories:
- Assist with coordinating donor tours and public events
- Assemble donor information packages
- Respond to requests for information
- Maintain a comprehensive office filing system (physical and digital)
- Assist with scheduling meetings and appointments
- Maintain office cleanliness, office supplies and office machines
- Draft correspondence for signature, prepare presentation materials and assist with grant applications as needed
- Upload information and documents to LIS, Raisers Edge, and other databases
- Other tasks as needed and/or assigned by the RVP, or the Senior Management Team
Required Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work in a regional office with a decentralized work environment as several regional colleagues work at a distance from other locations
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Acute attention to detail, highly organized, with polished correspondence and writing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects on the go simultaneously
- High level computer skills in MSOffice, data bases, FTP site management and proficient with internet research
- Demonstrated ability to organize time, manage diverse activities, and meet deadlines
- Creativity, outgoingness, sense of humour, sense of mission and flexibility
- Commitment to the core values, vision and mission statements of NCC
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter including salary expectations indicating “Regional Support Coordinator” in the subject line to the Nature Conservancy of Canada via e-mail: email@example.com.
The Application Deadline is Friday, January 19th, 2018. Thank you for your interest.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Nature Conservancy of Canada; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For positions situated in Ontario:
At the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) we strive to promote diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
NCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.