Run for Nature
NCC staff running in the marathon (Photo by NCC)
Are you looking for a way to stay involved with the Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) this summer? With the current pandemic putting a halt on in-person events we may not be able to pull thistles or remove old fencing together, but here’s a fun new way you can still help us reach our conservation goals: register to join Team Nature Conservancy of Canada in the 2020 Virtual Scotiabank Calgary Marathon!
For the seventh year in a row, NCC will be participating in the Calgary Marathon's Charity Challenge. Because this year's races are virtual, you can now support NCC's efforts from anywhere in Canada.
About the run/walk
Since 2013, NCC has raised over $28,000 through our participation in the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon and the support received from generous supporters like you.
Sign up now to join the NCC team and run your race at any time and anywhere between now and September 27, 2020. Fundraising for NCC is easily managed through your Scotiabank Calgary Marathon account. All funds will go directly towards NCC’s efforts in the province of Alberta.
- Calgary Marathon offers several distances: kids' marathon, 5K, 10K, half marathon (21.1K), marathon (42.2K), ultra marathon (50K), ultra marathon relay (up to four people per team), or the new and free victory lap, which allows you to run any distance, virtually, with no extra perks (race medal, T-shirt, beach towel).
- Cost of the race depends on the distance selected.
- Complete your selected distance anytime and anywhere between May 31 and September 27, 2020. Combine multiple runs to hit your distance. Worried you might not be able to run a full marathon? Why not run two halves or four 10Ks! Learn more about the virtual run process by clicking here.
- Track your run using the RunKeeper app and add your total kilometres to the NCC activity group.
How to register
Interested in joining NCC and running for nature? Follow these easy steps:
- Click on this link.
- Create your free RaceRoster account or sign in to your account if you already have one.
- Select your race distance and fill in the RaceRoster form.
- If you are not already registered as running on behalf of the Nature Conservancy of Canada, make sure to select the option that states “I’d like to join an existing Fundraising Team or 50K Relay Team.”
- Complete the rest of the RaceRoster form and checkout!
- Download the RunKeeper app on your phone.
- Create your free Runkeeper account or sign in to your account if you already have one.
- Add 'Kysha Moradel' as a friend and you will be added to the 2020 NCC Calgary Marathon activity group.
- Lace up your sneakers and get going! Remember to track the distances you’ve travelled and help NCC hit our collective kilometre goals:
- 660 km (Alberta from east to west at widest point)
- 1,223 km (Alberta from north to south)
- 1,962 km (NCC was founded in 1962)
- 5,514 km (longest east-to-west distance in Canada)
Unable to run? You can still support the Nature Conservancy of Canada by donating to our efforts by clicking here.