Fairy Hill, Saskatchewan
Most places under NCC's care are open to the public. Please consult our website for site-specific updates.
Experience a great hike and nature-spotting opportunities at Fairy Hill, which is habitat for many birds as well as deer. The hiking terrain varies from flat to hills and from grasslands to tree cover to wetlands, all of which will be covered with a hike.
Only 30 minutes north of Regina, it's a great place to escape the city for a day. The trail, which takes about 90 minutes to walk, circles through grasslands of beautiful fauna and forests of aspen trees.
Please note: livestock may be present on the property at various times throughout the year. Please keep your eyes open for cattle, and should you see them give them their space and keep pets on a leash.
Trail length: full trail loop would take around an hour and a half, at a moderate pace.
Hike difficulty: moderate to difficult
Amenities on-site: limited parking at approaches
Points of interest
- The native grassland is dominated by wheatgrasses and spear-grasses.
- The hill that overlooks the valley is a perfect place to stop for a picnic or just pause for a second to soak in the beautiful sights.
Species you can look out for
- great blue heron
- From Regina, take Highway 6 north from Regina for approximately 35 kilometres.
- The highway enters the beautiful Qu'Appelle Valley. Watch for provincial tourism signs pointing to the turnoff, which is on the right.
Learn more about Fairy Hill here >
All visitors to Nature Conservancy of Canada properties do so at their own risk.
When visiting the property, please:
- Respect the wildlife and other visitors.
- Should you wander off the path to explore the property, please respect the property and leave only footprints.
- Ensure that all dogs are accompanied by their owner and controlled on a leash at all times.
- Refrain from lighting fires or smoking.
- Remove your own garbage, and please pick up after your pets.
- Respect that the property does not permit the removal of any plants or animals.