Keyhole Nature Reserve CleanupJune 24, 2023
Grand Lake, NB
Time: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: Intersection of Keyhole Road and NB Rte 690.
Looking for an opportunity to help restore the Grand Lake shoreline? Join us for a day of shoreline cleanup while learning more about Nature Conservancy of Canada’s (NCC’s) The Keyhole Nature Reserve.
At this day-long event we will be completing our effort to clean up garbage from the Grand Lake shoreline at NCC’s The Keyhole property. The large floods from 2018 and 2019 left garbage and debris scattered in the woods and along the shoreline around the property. We’ve already cleaned half of it up, and we need your help to finish the job!
Along the west side of Grand Lake, New Brunswick, behind the cottage community of Princess Park, lies a stunning cove known as The Keyhole. This nature reserve supports a bur oak floodplain forest, which is unique to this region of the province. Help us care for the land by removing garbage from the forest.
Pre-registration for this event is required.
- This event will be weather dependent.
- Additional event details, including directions and parking instructions, will be provided closer to the event day.
- Trail difficulty: moderate. This event will involve off-trail walking in the forest and some bushwhacking.
- No toilets will be available on-site, so please be sure to stop on your way to the event.
- sturdy hiking boots or steel-toed boots
- work gloves
- long pants
- rain jacket
- water bottle
- full bagged lunch
- bug spray
Please email Atlantic.Volunteers@natureconservancy.ca