Shaw Wilderness Park Cleanup
Help protect one of Halifax’s most beautiful parks!July 29, 2023
Time: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
Location: 2379 Purcells Cove Road, Halifax
Looking for an opportunity to help protect forest habitat? Join us for a morning of cleanup at the Shaw Wilderness Park.
With the support of our partners Halifax Regional Municipality and Shaw Group Ltd., the Nature Conservancy of Canada has conserved 154 hectares of forest and jack pine barrens next to the Purcell’s Cove Backlands, at Colpitt and Williams lakes. The property is home to more than 40 species of breeding birds and other wildlife and is only a short trip from downtown by car, bus or bike.
Spend the morning outside and get your hands dirty at Shaw Wilderness Park. We will be removing garbage and debris from unauthorized camp sites. Some of these are deep within the wilderness park. Note: This will be a physically demanding task, and a moderate to high fitness level is required.
Pre-registration for this event is required.
- This event will be weather dependent.
- All tools will be provided by NCC.
- Additional event details, including directions and parking instructions, will be provided closer to the event day.
- This event will require physical labour and participants must have a moderate to high fitness level.
- No toilets will be available on-site, so please be sure to stop on your way to the event.
- closed-toe footwear
- long pants
- light layers
- rain jacket
- water bottle
- bug spray
- any necessary medications
Please call or email Doug van Hemessen, Nova Scotia stewardship manager, Nature Conservancy of Canada, at 902-293-0744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.