Property Clean Up on Kettle Island in Gatineau
October 1, 2022
Kettle Island in Gatineau, Quebec
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
This clean-up activity consists of removing garbage from Kettle island.
- If you have a boat to get to the island, it will be very useful in helping bring other volunteers to the island.
- A moderate level of fitness is required to participate in this activity.
- Repetitive movements will be required.
- There are no toilets on site.
- Tools will be provided by NCC.
- sturdy gloves
- 1 litre of water in a reusable bottle
- mosquito repellent
- long pants
- long-sleeved shirt
- hiking boots
- Participants should be at least 14 years old.
- Minors should be accompanied by an adult.
- Ticks are present in the area.
- The activity will be postponed to the next day in case of rain. Participants will be notified Friday, July 8 around 4 p.m. if this is applicable.
- Please prepare for weather conditions of the day.
- All local authority health and safety restrictions and guidelines must be followed.
Please email email@example.com
NCC thanks the Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques of Québec for funding this event.
NCC thanks the City of Gatineau, the Ottawa Riverkeeper and the Navy League of Canada Ottawa Branch for their important collaboration in this activity.