Purpose and values
Colpitt Lake in the Shaw Wilderness Park (Photo by Adam Cornick, Acorn Art & Photography)
With nature, we build a thriving world.
The interconnection of people and nature is the Nature Conservancy of Canada's (NCC's) foundation; the idea that we are all one with nature. Together, through purposeful actions, we have the opportunity to build toward a greater good — a thriving world. Because when nature thrives, people thrive.
Our culture is defined by our values. They shape how we interact with each other, our partners and supporters. More than a collection of business units, NCC is a vibrant community of passionate conservation champions. Our behaviours and beliefs support the actions that drive us toward our goals.
- We are energized by bold ideas.
- We are ambitious: we aim to make the world a better place.
- We lead with courage.
- We celebrate innovation.
- We listen, we learn, we adapt.
- We embrace different perspectives and ways of knowing.
- We seek dynamic collaboration to multiply our impact.
- We celebrate and encourage the full participation of people from all walks of life.
- We are confident and optimistic.
- We are open to possibilities.
- We act with intention to relentlessly deliver results.
- Our experience, and the experience of others, informs our actions.
- We facilitate opportunities for others to achieve their aspirations.
- We cultivate trust through openness and transparency.
- We encourage initiative.
- We strive for bold conservation achievements in which equity, diversity and inclusion are the norm.