Landmark Campaign Impact
Busenius property, Alberta (Photo by Kyle Marquardt)
Thank you for supporting the Nature Conservancy of Canada’s Landmark Campaign. Together, we mobilized to deliver a historic and lasting impact for nature. Thousands of Canadians, from coast to coast to coast, took conservation into their own hands and gave to save the lands and waters that sustain us all.
Lands and water
Conserved an additional 115,000 square kilometres. That’s more than 1.5 times the size of New Brunswick.
- Brings NCC total conserved lands to 14 million hectares (35 million acres).
- 540 new conservation projects completed across Canada.
18,000 volunteers rolled up their sleeves to care for nature.
Launched the careers of young conservation leaders, through over 460 internships.
More than $750 million raised for nature conservation
- 1.1 million donations.
- 110,000 donors.
More than 300,000 Canadians connected to nature
- 94 per cent of Canadians live within 100 kilometres of a Landmark Campaign project.
- Launched 36 new Nature Destinations, allowing Canadians to benefit physically and mentally by spending more time in nature.
Protected habitat for 130 species at risk
- 10 more threatened than the giant panda.
- 7 found nowhere else in the world.
This story originally appeared in the Winter 2021 issue of the Nature Conservancy of Canada Magazine. To learn more about how you can receive the magazine, click here.