Become an engagement intern and help connect Canadians with nature! Gain valuable experience developing and delivering public engagement programs, conducting outreach activities and reaching out to the community. Combine your love of nature with your interest in working with people through this dynamic role!
NCC Staff in Atlantic Canada (Photo by NCC)
What does it involve?
- Support the coordination and delivery of public outreach events
- Participate in community events, meetings, trade shows and conferences
- Source or develop event-specific communications materials (posters, fact sheets, etc.) and promote events
- Collect, enter and track engagement data and event metrics (number of attendees, surveys, best practices, outcomes, etc.)
- Develop public engagement materials and support public-facing programs
What skills do you need to apply?
- Working towards a degree in communications, public relations or natural sciences
- Verbal communication skills (strong public speaking skills, outgoing personality and confidence)
- Work well in dynamic settings
- Experience in public engagement and communicating environmental topics
- Experience with photography, videography, design and social media
- Flexible schedule
- Organizational abilities and high attention to detail
Where are these positions offered?
To view current internship opportunities, click here.
In their own words
“My main role here at NCC is outreach work, where I coordinate and act as an ambassador for NCC at public events across the province, keeping track of the number of people we have reached and sharing volunteer opportunities with communities.”
– Rachel Garrett, 2018 Engagement Intern, Alberta
“My summer internship with NCC has me involved in a variety of engagement-related programs, including Conservation Interns, the intern alumni network and the Conservation Volunteers program. By developing content for the website, LinkedIn and other social accounts, my goal is encourage interns, alumni and volunteers to stay engaged with NCC.”
– Brielle Reidlinger, 2018 National Engagement Intern, Alberta