Sights and Sounds of Brier Island
Help to preserve the beautiful home of many rare species of plants and animals!August 19, 2023
Westport, NSTime: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.Location: Parking lot at 225 Water St, Westport, NS
Looking for an opportunity to help protect coastal habitat? Join us for a morning of shoreline cleanup and trail maintenance on the Nature Conservancy of Canada’s Brier Island Nature Reserve.
Brier Island is renowned for its bird life and rare plant species, as well as its beautiful coastal views and island culture. Come join your fellow nature enthusiasts and get your hands dirty, while making a difference!
Join us for our Sights and Sounds of Brier Island event. This will be our eighth event, and we are seeking volunteers to complete shoreline cleanup and trail maintenance on our 3.5-kilometre Brier Island Coastal Trail.
Pre-registration for this event is required.
Lunch and snacks on the Westport oceanside deck will be provided!
- This event will be weather dependent.
- All tools will be provided by NCC.
- Additional event details, including directions and parking instructions, will be provided closer to the event day.
- Trail difficulty: moderate. The trail is maintained and flat.
- This event will require physical labour, and participants must have a moderate to high fitness level.
- There will be toilets at the meeting site but not at the work sites.
- closed-toe footwear
- long pants
- light layers
- rain jacket
- water bottle
- bug spray
- any necessary medications
Please call or email Doug van Hemessen, Nova Scotia stewardship manager, Nature Conservancy of Canada, at 902-293-0744 or email@example.com.